Marathon Monday, April 16th
As mid-April approaches and most of the country is focused on tax day, Bostonians have their mind on one thing only and that is Marathon Monday, a day steeped with record breaking moments and historical highs and lows. The Boston Marathon has stood the test of time as it is the longest running annual marathon in the world and one of the most prestigious. For New England, it’s one of the first signs that Spring has arrived, with bustling activity all along the race route – it’s hard not to get swept up in the day’s excitement.
Here’s some information from the Boston Athletic Association and local government sources to help you navigate around the race, or make your plans to attend near you.
If you find yourself on the North side of Beacon Street in Coolidge Corner please stop in, as the Unlimited Sotheby’s International Realty’s Brookline office is located just after the 24th mile marker.
Good luck to all the runners on Monday! We will be rooting for you.
Marathon Start Times
• Mobility Impaired – 8:40 a.m. ET
• Men’s Push-Rim Wheelchair – 9:02 a.m. ET
• Women’s Push-Rim Wheelchair – 9:04 a.m. ET
• Handcycles and Duos – 9:25 a.m. ET
• Elite Women – 9:32 a.m. ET
• Elite Men and Wave One – 10:00 a.m. ET
• Wave Two – 10:25 a.m. ET
• Wave Three – 10:50 a.m. ET
• Wave Four – 11:15 a.m. ET
The 26.2 mile course begins in Hopkinton, and passes through Ashland, Framingham, Natick, Wellesley, Newton, and Brookline before reaching the finish line on Boylston Street.
Spectators can be found all along the route from Hopkinton to Boston. Some of the most popular spots are the Wellesley Scream Tunnel just before halfway; the Fire Station and Route 16 and Route 30 in Newton, Heartbreak Hill in Newton, around Boston College; and the final stretch on Boylston Street before the finish.
• Hopkinton – 7:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
• Ashland – 7:15 a.m. – 1:45 p.m.
• Framingham – 8:30 a.m. – 2:15 p.m.
• Natick – 8:30 a.m. – 2:45 p.m.
• Wellesley – 8:30 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
• Newton – 8:00 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
• Brookline – 9:00 a.m. – 5:15 p.m.
• Boston Variable – 6:30 p.m.