Niche, a website for researching schools, recently released the rankings for the top schools in America*. There is no shortage of great schools in the state, with many of the best schools clustered in the town of Newton.
Newton’s strong real estate market demands stem from families from across the country – and the globe – who want to live in the Newton villages for the high quality schools. No matter what grade level, Newton has top ranking schools on both state and national levels.
- Newton has 9 out of the state’s top 25 elementary schools and 2 out of the top 100 elementary schools in the US. The nationally-ranked elementary schools, Mason Rice Elementary School and Ward Elementary School, are both in Newton Centre. Other top Newton elementary schools include: Cabot Elementary, Newtonville; E. Angier Elementary, Newtonville; Countryside Elementary, Newton Highlands; Peirce Elementary, West Newton; Memorial Spaulding Elementary, Newton Centre; Bowen Elementary, Newton Centre; and Lincoln-Eliot Elementary, Newton.
- Four of Newton’s public middle schools were nationally ranked in the top 100: Oak Hill Middle School, A. Day Middle School, Bigelow Middle School, and Charles E. Brown Middle School. In Massachusetts, each of these schools is ranked within the top 15.
- For high schools, Newton North and Newton South rank in the top 100 schools across the nation. Both of these schools also rank within the top 10 in the Bay State.
As a state known for its education, many other Massachusetts school districts have ranked highly in the US. We’ve broken down the numbers to highlight the best schools in in the state:
- 2017 Best Public School Districts: The Lexington, Wellesley, Newton, Acton-Boxborough, Wayland, Belmont, Weston, Westford, Brookline and Cambridge School Districts make up the top ten. All top ten MA public high schools rank in the top 100 in the entire country as well.
- 2017 Top 10 Best Public High Schools: Lexington, Cambridge Rindge & Latin, Newton North, Wellesley, Acton – Boxborough Regional, Brookline, Newton South, Boston Latin, Weston and Wayland High Schools make up the top ten.
- 2017 Top 10 Best Public Middle Schools: William Diamond (Lexington, MA), Jonas Clarke (Lexington, MA), Oak Hill (Newton, MA), F.A. Day (Newtonville, MA), Wellesley (Wellesley, MA), Bigelow (Newton, MA), Raymond J. Grey (Acton, MA), Winthrop L. Chenery (Belmont, MA), Blanchard (Westford, MA) and Wayland (Wayland, MA) Middle Schools make up the top ten.
- 2017 Top 10 Best Public Elementary Schools: Maria Hastings (Lexington, MA), Bowman (Lexington, MA), Mason Rice (Newton Centre, MA), Schofield (Wellesley, MA), Joseph Estabrook (Lexington, MA), Ward (Newton Centre, MA), Harrington (Lexington, MA), Bridge (Lexington, MA), Fiske (Lexington, MA) and John D. Hardy (Wellesley, MA) Elementary Schools make up the top ten.
Many of our sales professionals work and live in the area and many of them have had or have children in the Newton school systems. Looking to buy in this town? Contact us to learn more.
*The ranking is based on rigorous analysis of key statistics and millions of reviews from students and parents using data from the U.S. Department of Education. Ranking factors include state test scores, college readiness, graduation rates, SAT/ACT scores, teacher quality, public school district ratings, and more.
Image Credit: NewtonISD